Find out if the library has a book I want to borrow
You can use the WorldCat Discovery online search tool to search for books in the St Mary’s and Newman Academic Centre library, as well as the University of Melbourne and other locations.
WorldCat Local is a ‘local’ view of the WorldCat database that exposes on the web records and holdings from libraries all over the world.
Search results will show in this order:
1. St Mary's & Newman Academic Centre
2. University of Melbourne
Step 1 – Search WorldCat
If you want to do a keyword search, simply type your terms in the search box.
If you have more specific details (e.g. title, author, ISBN), click the Advanced Search link and perform the search.
Step 2 – Check availability and location of item
For the required item, click on the Availability link on the search results screen.
The Availability information includes:
- Item location e.g. Academic Centre Fiction – Level 2
- Number of items in collection e.g. 0 of 1 available
- Current availability of item e.g. Checked out, Due dd/mm/yyyy
- Item's spine label e.g. F SIM